Thoughts on 2017 | lifestyle post
I am in awe at how fast this year has gone by. It feels like yesterday that we were still living in West Virginia and contemplating moving here to TN. A lot has happened over the year, including both hard times and good times. Though there has been times that have brought sadness and hurt, I am looking forward to reflecting on the good things and blessings that have come our way in 2017. I am grateful for the hardships that have brought us strength, and for the good things that have brought laughter and joy. :)
This past year we:
- moved to Nashville in February!
- Andrew started school at DHI
- bought a car
- I found a job at Nordstrom
- Andrew graduated from DHI
- moved (again) to a great apartment that we love
- learned about budgeting and other adult-like things
- did a bit of traveling back home and made some great memories with those we love!
in 2018 we hope to:
- travel more!
- spend more time focused on the present
- be less distracted
- be productive with our time and money
- communicate better
- cook more meals at home
- read more and learn new things
- take more risks (but prayerfully!)
- invest in things that will last and that mean a lot to us
- love more!
I hope you have had a wonderful 2017, and a great start to 2018!
Here are a few photographs from the past year:
*and I also created a playlist at the bottom with some of my favorite songs from 2017, take a listen. :)
Photo from our moving to TN announcement in January 2017
Some photos around Nashville: The city skyline, a summer-time sunset, the Frist, and architecture.
Some photos from home in Nashville: a favorite dish-towel, our Theo pup and a hike we went on at Ellington Park.
Some self-portraits and scenery from around Nashville
Photos from our trip back home to Maryland in October.
Fall in TN!
Our Christmas wreath, the tree at the cabin we stayed in with family for Christmas, and this year's card. :)